Healthy and Safe Kitchens - Igerera B - Namutumba
Visit by Harriet Kefeza on 2020-10-14
- Report ID
- Created by
- Harriet Kefeza
- Created date
- 2020-10-15 14:03:15 UTC
- Modified by
- Harriet Kefeza
- Modified date
- 2020-10-15 14:19:05 UTC
- Trip Time
- 10:10-17:31 (7 h 21 m)
- Village Time
- 12:26-15:02 (2 h 36 m)
- Travel Time
- 4 h 45 m
Kitchens all groups
- Lesson Taught
- follow up smearing,follow up stove building
- How Many Men Attended
- How Many Women Attended
- Staff Attendees
- Jeska Nairuba
- Government Attendess
- Visitor Attendees
- Total Attendance
- Healthy and Safe Kitchens
- Jeska went to Igerera B to follow up on stove building ,construction of firewood risen stands and smearing of the home facilities.
She reached in the village and she was relieved by one of the committee members of the Healthy and Safe kitchen Mr.Bosco who told her that as the community they have so far added more three stoves.
Kibo staff looked at them and they were properly built,she thanked the group for the good work and encouraged them to continue building more stoves until all the members in the group are finished.
The participants promised to keep on working together since kibo has credited them for the good work.
Jeska also moves around the village to follow up on smearing , construction of firewood risen stands and this time she concentrated on the lower section of the village. She found when some people have improved which was good. However some people were still lagging behind and she wanted to find out why they had not yet improved.
The participants told her that they have been busy in their gardens weeding their crops which most of them have now completed. They promised now to focus on their home facilities since there is no much garden work to be done.
Participants from this section committed themselves that by the end of October all their homes would have met the standards. Mr. Bosco as a committee member promised to follow up with them until they meet standards.
- Next Visit
- 2020-10-19 - Purpose: To follow up on stove building, smearing of stoves and kitchens and construction of firewood risen stands.
- Program Success
- Yes the members are cooking on their new stoves and smeared all their kitchens
- Program Critical Needs
- Encourage smearing of other buildings and repair some other facilities like the bathrooms,latrines and dish racks.
- Program Ownership
- There’s unity among the members and their leaders which makes the work much more easier
- Other Program Observations
- Some of the sanitation and hygiene facilities are well maintained such as the borehole,the hand washing jerrycans and latrines.
- Program Expected Of Village
- To continue smearing their buildings and buildings stoves for new members
- Program Staff Preparations Next Visit
- To plan for the next village meeting.