Mvule Community Development - Butamoga - Namutumba
Visit by Abraham Mulongo on 2020-10-21
- Report ID
- Created by
- Abraham Mulongo
- Created date
- 2020-10-22 10:18:51 UTC
- Modified by
- Lorna Katagara
- Modified date
- 2020-12-16 10:03:08 UTC
- Trip Time
- 09:45-19:00 (9 h 15 m)
- Village Time
- 13:20-14:30 (1 h 10 m)
- Travel Time
- 8 h 5 m
Mvule Community Development lesson
- How Many Men Attended
- How Many Women Attended
- Staff Attendees
- Abraham Mulongo,Enock Madoolo
- Government Attendees
- Visitor Attendees
- Total Attendance
- Mvule Community Development
- Lesson Taught
- community meeting
- Abraham met eighty three Butamoga community members and the chairperson Mss Jenifer told the meeting that they started a saving group.
They save every Wednesday and each member saves at least two thousand shillings.
They made a box with three padlocks with three keys where they put their money so that if to open it all the three people have to be present.
They said five members exchanged their goats into cows and they gave some offsprings to the new members who has shown interest in the group and these are some of the things he or she has to have.
To make sure has planted not less than five trees including Mvule.
Attends the group meeting.
Ready to cooperate with the group members
Have a latrine, dish rack and smeared the houses.
The leaders of the group they go and check those things if they are in the place then they tell the group which declares him or her as a group member.
Abraham thanked the leaders and the members for keeping the trees, goats well and he asked them about their registration and they said that it expired last month, he advised them to re-register the group so that the government knows that they are still existing.
They took some pictures of the goats together with the members and left trees and goats evaluation form to be signed by the members.
Abraham will collect them after they have finished.
- Next Visit
- 2021-04-09 - Purpose: To collect the trees and goats evaluation form
- Program Success
- The trees are growing big
- Program Critical Needs
- To re-register the at the district
- Program Ownership
- They formed a saving scheme whereby they are giving soft loans to members and bring back at 5% interest
- Other Program Observations
- They are maintaining hygiene and sanitation
- Program Expected Of Village
- To contribute money for registering the group
- Program Staff Preparations Next Visit
- To call the chairperson and get the update of contributing towards registering the group
Butamoga saving group