Water Sanitation and Hygiene - Kirwanire
Visit by David Balimunsi on 2020-10-26
- Report ID
- Created by
- David Balimunsi
- Created date
- 2020-10-27 06:36:36 UTC
- Modified by
- David Balimunsi
- Modified date
- 2020-10-27 12:59:50 UTC
- Trip Time
- 09:02-18:05 (9 h 3 m)
- Village Time
- 14:22-15:33 (1 h 11 m)
- Travel Time
- 7 h 52 m
- Which Survey
- Number Of Households
- Visits Purpose
- Staff Attendees
- Government Attendees
- David and Steven were supposed to go to kirwanire village. To continue encouraging the village residents to work and improve on their sanitation standards.
But unfortunately because of the rains and the roads which were un passable. So David and Steven were an-able making it to the kirwanire.
However they persisted going ahead and they by passed the sub county of Ivukula Which is the sub county of kirwanire to discuss with the health Assistant mr Busene the best ways how to speed up the WASH activities in the village.
And also how to involve the government .So on that note mr Busense suggested that the best ways were to engage the village leaders into a village general sanitation meeting .
So long as there will be the residents observing the social distance .
He also continued and said that deadline will be made to the different homes . And further more Summon letter also will be handed over to homes for further actions in case of any failure to meet the required sanitation standards and the deadlines to.
They also made arrangements of the village sanitation meeting and it was scheduled on 2/10/2020 . Later after the healthy Assistant mr Busense helped David and Steven by directing them to use another road which was passable back to jinja.
- Next Visit
- 2020-10-30 - Purpose: To continue encouraging the residents to work and improve on their sanitation
- Program Success
- Yes they are busy working to improve on their sanitation standards
- Program Critical Needs
- Clean water as well as more sanitation improvements
- Program Ownership
- The sanitation committee along with the chairman they are so active and they feel so concerned about the progress of the WASH actives in the village.
- Other Program Observations
- Their is need for the healthy and safe kitchens program lessons.
- Program Expected Of Village
- To continue working hard to improve on their sanitation standards
- Program Staff Preparations Next Visit
- To phone call the village through the chairman to check on how they will be progressing