Healthy and Safe Kitchens - Naisamula - Namutumba
Visit by Harriet Kefeza on 2020-11-18
- Report ID
- Created by
- Harriet Kefeza
- Created date
- 2020-11-19 12:45:09 UTC
- Modified by
- Harriet Kefeza
- Modified date
- 2020-11-19 13:02:03 UTC
- Trip Time
- 10:00-18:52 (8 h 52 m)
- Village Time
- 12:00-14:42 (2 h 42 m)
- Travel Time
- 6 h 10 m
Kitchens all groups
- Lesson Taught
- follow up smearing,teach raised storage
- How Many Men Attended
- How Many Women Attended
- Staff Attendees
- Jeska Nairuba
- Government Attendess
- Visitor Attendees
- Total Attendance
- Healthy and Safe Kitchens
- Jeska made a surprise visit to Naisamula village to follow up on stove usage,smearing and construction of firewood risen stands.
She reached in the village and started walking home to home she found when most people were cooking on their stoves on daily basis and this was evidenced by the absence of three stones in the kitchen and also finding children cooking food on the stoves as their parents were busy doing other domestic activities.
Also some kitchen which were found leaking during the previous visit it was good to see some people having started to roof their kitchens. She encouraged the those families to finish roofing them to prevent rain from damaging the stoves especially during this rainy season.
All the homes are the kitchen were found well swept though the adults were not at home meaning that they have adopted the value of leaving in a clean environment.
Also some participants have started smearing their home facilities especially those ones that were washed a way by windy rains. She also encouraged the men to increase on the verandah roof to prevent the walls from being destroyed by rain.
The participants thanked kibo for such surprise visit which challenge them and encourage them to improve. Jeska also encouraged them to follow and remind one another to ensure that they improve.
- Next Visit
- 2020-11-25 - Purpose: To take incentives to the active participants in Naisamula village.
- Program Success
- Most participants have smeared their home facilities.
- Program Critical Needs
- Continue encouraging stove usage.
- Program Ownership
- Most participants cook on their stoves on daily basis.
- Other Program Observations
- Sanitation and hygiene standards have been maintained.
- Program Expected Of Village
- Encourage one another to maintain their facilities.
- Program Staff Preparations Next Visit
- Prepare the next lesson