Water Sanitation and Hygiene - Kirwanire
Visit by David Balimunsi on 2020-11-27
- Report ID
- Created by
- David Balimunsi
- Created date
- 2020-11-27 19:10:42 UTC
- Modified by
- David Balimunsi
- Modified date
- 2020-11-28 20:22:34 UTC
- Trip Time
- 09:09-17:57 (8 h 48 m)
- Village Time
- 12:20-15:50 (3 h 30 m)
- Travel Time
- 5 h 18 m
- Which Survey
- Number Of Households
- Visits Purpose
- To encourage the homes which were still lagging.
- Staff Attendees
- David Balimunsi,Steven Kambale
- Government Attendees
- LC1,VHT,Parish Councillor
- David and Steven were in kirwanire village. And their intentions of going there was to follow up on facility construction and improvements in mostly the homes which were still lagging behind.
As they were in the village they were joined by the sub county youth leader Gerald mufumbiro and the village chairman Bogere Hasani who led David and Steven into the specific homes which were previously noted to be still lagging behind.
Fortunately out of the homes which were previously still lagging behind ,the homes of Wamalwa John , Namuwanga Florence and Eliot they had improved with new pit latrines not less than 18feet deeper.
Because of that much greater sanitation progress in the most complicated different homes ,David was so encouraged. And therefore David was moving home to home encouraging even those who had already finished constructing the different facilities.
To continue maintaining and improving on them since it was a rainy season. In order to protect the already constructed facilities from being damaged by the on going rains.
The facilities which were mostly emphasized on was the shower areas which were constructed used the mud . David and Steven were advising the members to add a layer of some cement on the last corses of the showers in order to create the further sustainability of the shower areas.
As David , Steven and the two sanitation committee members continued moving home to home they also visited the most complicated and stubborn member kalulu Magidu,s home . He had not added on his eleven feet deeper pit . Funny enough he had even brought the pieces of logs to cover it up saying that he was done with the digging . Remember he was one of the community members who were summoned by the health assistant mr Busense for failure of having a Pit latrine in his home.
Because the kibo staff used always to only find the wife of Magidu kalulu but kalulu would always flew into the maize plantations. But for this time kalulu Magidu decided to move his wife to the neighboring small trading centre. When those of David saw the wife , she told them that l pressurized my husband saying that l was not going to stay together with him not until she had a pit latrine in his home.
So because of that the village leaders promised the kibo staff that by not only handing him to the health assistant. By the next village visit they should have a reasonable solution and the way forward for kalulu Magidu for being too stubborn.
Otherwise the entire village was progressing steadily apart from kalulu Magidu the stubbornest and the on going rains affecting the facilities. However the kibo staff left with the village leaders an assignment where by the community will be strongly advising Kalulu Magidu for a better change of improvements .
- Next Visit
- 2020-11-30 - Purpose: To move home to home in the targeted homes still lagging behind as well as preparing the village for the next coming second evaluation
- Program Success
- Yes they are busy working hard to improve on the fewer remaining sanitation facilities
- Program Critical Needs
- Provision of the clean water as well as patterning with the village to repair the only well with in the community .
- Program Ownership
- The sanitation committee members are so concerned about the progress of the WASH activities in the village.
- Other Program Observations
- There is greater need for all the kibo program lessons
- Program Expected Of Village
- The sanitation committee members will be moving home to home in the homes which were summoned by the health assistant
- Program Staff Preparations Next Visit
- To phone call the village through the sanitation committee in order to check on how the village will be progressing.