Water Sanitation and Hygiene - Kirwanire
Visit by David Balimunsi on 2020-12-16
- Report ID
- Created by
- David Balimunsi
- Created date
- 2020-12-16 06:47:21 UTC
- Modified by
- Lorna Katagara
- Modified date
- 2021-01-25 14:36:25 UTC
- Trip Time
- 07:27-16:42 (9 h 15 m)
- Village Time
- 10:40-14:33 (3 h 53 m)
- Travel Time
- 5 h 22 m
- Which Survey
- Number Of Households
- Visits Purpose
- following up on the homes still lagging behind .
- Staff Attendees
- David Balimunsi,Steven Kambale
- Government Attendees
- LC1,VHT,Parish Councillor
- David and Steven were in kirwanire village. Their intentions of going there was to have a meeting with the village together with the health assistant mr Busense.
The meeting was aimed at having away forward for the homes which were still lagging behind. As well as reminding the sanitation committee of their full roles and the responsibilities more especially during the holiday when the kibo staff will be away from the village.
However when David and Steven reached the village they were joined by some of the committee members who led them into the targeted homes which were still lagging behind.
They were moving home to home at the same time waiting for the health assistant to came into the village as they had planned earlier on before.
In the process of home to home movements David and Steven visited the following targeted homes . Musana Charles who had the need to construct a shelter on his pit latrine and the shower area which was damaged by the on going rains, umaru Kabala was missing only to plaster the hand washing stand., Tumeyino Agrey he was also left with plastering on his hand washing stand. Fred Balat was also left with the plastering of the hand washing stand.
Because of the much need for improvements in the above mentioned homes, David and Steven were moving while encouraging the owners of the different homes to work hard so that the will get improved.
Unfortunately before they were to continue with their home to home movements in the other homes , mr Busense the health Assistant phone called David. He said that the LC 5 of Namutumba district mr kumbuga Saleh had died . Yet he used to be one of the namutumba district officials who extremely loved the kibo,s programs.
Therefore mr Busense was not in position to attend the planned sanitation village meeting because every one at the lvukula subcounty was heading at the home of the diseased.
It was amistrious moment of silence to the group which was doing the home to home movements. On that note because the diseased had some of the committee members who were related to him , the kibo staff were forced to put every activity for that day on hold .
Instead the kibo staff just emphasized to the village chairman to take a lead where by he will be the one to call for another sanitation improvements meeting which will be aimed at helping the widows in the village as well as some of their neighbors who will be still lagging behind.
The village chairman agreed to help the other residents because he said he loved every one getting improved. Mr Hasani Bogere the chairman to show that he was so serious with the sanitation improvements in all the homes around the entire village, he even promised that he will be phone calling David and Steven during the holiday . In that he will be updating the kibo about the sanitation progress in the homes which will be still lagging behind.
In general according to David and Steven,s overview, they saw that the village was ready through the village chairman for everyone to improve .
- Next Visit
- 2021-01-27 - Purpose: Steven and Martin will make a visit meet with the village leaders to discuss on a way forward to re- engage the village in the water and sanitation program. in Kirwanire they will meet with the sanitation committee to learn the current status of the village since the village had been left in the final stages of the sanitation program and will discuss on a way forward as well.
- Program Success
- Yes the homes which are still lagging are busy working hard to improve on the remaining sanitation facilities in the different homes for example the plastering of the hand washing stands, and the improvements on the pit latrine s and shower rooms which were damaged by the on going rains.
- Program Critical Needs
- Provision of the clean water as well as more sanitation improvements
- Program Ownership
- The committee members are so active and concerned about the progress of the WASH program lessons
- Other Program Observations
- There is greater need for all the kibo,s program lessons in the village.
- Program Expected Of Village
- The sanitation committee members will be taking a lead towards the sanitation encouragements and the improvements during when the kibo staff are away from the village for their holiday.
- Program Staff Preparations Next Visit
- To phone call the village through Bogere Hasani the chairman in order to check on how the village will be progressing.